You’ve just purchased a handcrafted birthday card… and it’s blank inside.
Handcrafted cards sometimes do not have text, or “sentiments,” on the inside. Maybe you struggle with knowing what to write inside the card to properly convey your message. To that I would say that generally, less really can be more. I’m not knocking card-manufacturing companies, but let’s be honest. When you have received cards with really long verses on the front and even longer verses inside, how many times have you actually read through the entire content?
If you’re like me, especially when I was younger, my natural inclination was to fast forward to the signature to see who sent it to know whether I should be anticipating anything else fluttering out of the card and into my pocket.
I got the idea for this post from my friend Penny. She had purchased a handcrafted card from me and asked me if I had any ideas for what to write on the inside. Below I am providing a few ideas for birthdays. I offer these to you not because I think I’m some great card whisperer; but merely as a few ideas to get you started on what you really want to say to the recipient of your card. If you find this helpful or useful at all, maybe I can generate ideas for other occasions as well.
If you go to any card section of any store, you’re likely to find many similar, if not identical, sentiments. But these ideas came out of my very own little head, just five minutes ago. I swear. Maybe I’ve saved you a trip to the store.
- My friend Penny’s favorite, simply: I’m so glad you were born.
- Have a great birthday, my special friend!
- I’ll be thinking about you and sending wishes for a beautiful birthday.
- I hope you enjoy your special day.
- I hope all your wishes come true. Happy birthday!
- I hope you have a fabulous birthday! You deserve it!
- I’m so glad we’re friends. Have a great birthday!
- You are a blessing to me, and I hope you have a very special birthday.
- Sending lots of love to you on your birthday. Have a great day!
- Happy birthday to my bestie. Love you!
- Happy birthday to you! Have your cake and eat it too!
- If you like chocolate, I hope you get to enjoy chocolate cake on your birthday. If you don’t like chocolate, there’s something wrong with you. Happy birthday!